Portfolio of Excuses
Every Christian has a story. Everyone has a testimony. Everyone is a sinner and imperfect yet washed clean and is Holy and made Perfect in Christ. Here are just some examples of those from the bible that have been redeemed and used by God.
- Abraham -Was old.
- Elijah – Was suicidal.
- Joseph – Was abused.
- Job – Went bankrupt.
- Moses – Had a speech problem.
- Gideon – Was afraid.
- Samson – Was a womanizer.
- Hosea's wife was a prostitute.
- Rahab – Was a prostitute.
- Samaritan Woman – Divorced.
- Noah – Was a Drunk.
- Jeremiah – Was young.
- Jacob – Was a liar & a cheater.
- David – Was a murderer, adulterer & liar.
- Jonah – Ran from God.
- Naomi – Was a widow.
- Peter – Denied Christ three times & had a temper.
- Matthew-was a cheat & tax collector.
- Martha – Worried about everything.
- Zacchaeus – Was small and money hungry.
- The little boy-only had 5 loaves of bread & 2 fish.
- The Disciples – Fell asleep while praying.
- Paul – A Pharisee who persecuted & murdered Christians before becoming one.
- John-was self-righteous.
- Jeremiah-was depressed and suicidal.
- Sarah-laughed at God's promises.
- Amos' only training was in fig tree pruning.
- Adam blamed Eve.
- Eve blamed satin.
- ...and Lazarus-was dead!
- So, what's your excuse???
So, What's Your Excuse?
Do you constantly find yourself making excuses or denying God's calling? Do you feel like you want to pray or talk with God but are afraid that if you do your friends will laugh at you?
After looking at the list of examples above, it's easy to see that we really don't have any excuse as to why we can't be Redeemed and used by God.
Each person in the bible named above was called on by God to repent, to serve Him and to follow Him. And even though each one failed, God never broke His promise to them. He never gave up on them and Never stopped loving them.
He will do the same for you if you let Him. Will being a Christian be easy? No. But God will always see you through and never leave you nor forsake you. So, what's your excuse as to why you won't surrender your life over to Him today?